Japanese Alpine News Vol 8(May 2007) Published ,
Making a subscription,please contact to JAC office,
The Japanese Alpine Club (JAC) has developed keeping pace with the history
of climbing, pioneering exploration, and creation of mountaineering culture
in Japan since the beginning of its foundation in 1905.
JAC is a national organization with the 6,000 current members and, with an emphasis on adventure, scientific research and education, is dedicated to:−
- The encouragement of mountain climbing and explorations in the greater
range of Asia, particularly of the Tibetan borderland.
- The promotion of good fellowship of climbers and the response to the multitude of issues facing climbers.
- The conservation and preservation of the mountain environment.
- The dissemination of knowledge concerning mountains and mountaineering through the Club meetings, publications and Library.
In closing, a special and thoughtful attention is invited to JAC’ new journal “Japanese Alpine News” in English, which would hopefully play a substantial role to bridge the gap of information between Japan and overseas countries.
- The consideration to facilitate the admission of foreigners to the Club.
The Japanese Alpine Club
5-4 Yomban-cho, Chiyoda, Tokyo, JAPAN 102-0081
Copyright 1998-2003 The Japanese Alpine Club